Research and energy development
We are experts in
- Energy Efficiency Audits over industries and processes
- Energy efficiency improvements in industrial processes
- Advanced algorithms of optimization applied for improved energy management (thermal, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, kinetic, and mechanical)
- Designing energy harvesting and waste energy recovery systems reducing operating costs
- Energy Efficiency Certificates of buildings
- Due Diligence of whole building state of preservation including structure, equipment and installation
- Complex Computer Fluid Dynamics’ simulations to reduce drag, back-flow, vortex-shedding, vibrations or pressure drop and to enhance heat exchange
- We design aerodynamic-testing wind tunnels and skydiving vertical wind tunnels with improved energy efficiency and velocity index
- Aerodynamic improvement of shapes through CFD and wind tunnel tests in our facilities.
- Designing and building of electric bicycles and tricycles as well as bespoke motor solutions for moving bodies
- Sales agents for Spain and Portugal of Servotest Systems (test and motion simulation through hydraulic actuators and seismic tables).
- Own R&D projects with several patents and registered models.
- E-learning through a partnership with Structuralia, and in-house residential training on energy efficiency, energy management, energy-harvesting, etc.
8 Feb 2018The conversation took place within an event organized by Repsol Honda Team (comercial name of Honda Racing Corporation or HRC) at Madrid Fly. The world champions had firstly the oportunity of enjoying their maiden flight at Madrid Fly and later, with the help of a small horizontal wind tunnel assembled for the occasion, explained to the media gathered there the importance of aerodynamics in the performance of their motorbikes. After the event, managers of Repsol spoke with Isaac Prada to better know how KeelWit had worked in the aerodynamic design of the Madrid Fly wind...
Experiences exchange with the aerodynamic team of the Microgravity University Institute “Ignacio Da Riva”
18 Jan 2018The Microgravity University Institute “Ignacio Da Riva” of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (IDR/UPM) is a center oriented towards investigation activities, development and training in the areas of aerospace science and technology. Inside their facilities there are various wind tunnels of different sizes and types which are used for aerodynamic tests. Firstly, KeelWit’s staff visited the IDR to admire the high degree of finish of their handcrafted wind tunnels for scientific use, as well as their level of sensorization. Later, IDR staff came to Madrid Fly to admire the capabilities and finish achieved by KeelWit Technology in their vertical wind tunnels for Indoor Skydiving, oriented to leisure and sport for public...
KeelWit invited to take part in the “National Meeting of Innovative Companies” organized by the CDTI
12 Dec 2017To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI), this institution invited a selection of companies of different sizes in Spain to this meeting. These companies were chosen for having integrated a permanent effort in R & D & i as one of the step-stones of their strategic vision. The Minister of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, Mr. Luis de Guindos, in his speech, stressed the need to strengthen investments in R & D + i in Spanish companies as a lever to improve competitiveness. Mr. Francisco Marín, General Director of the CDTI, explained the fundamental role of this public body in the revitalization of R & D in Spain, having granted loans worth 1,664 M € to 2,685 projects in the last 10...
Isaac Prada presents the application of the MOST-HDS algorithm, combined with CFD, to the design of objects and devices, in a webinar organized by ANSYS USA and by GOMPUTE
11 Dec 2017KeelWit applies its proprietary Multi-Objective Structured Hybrid Direct Search (MOST-HDS) methodology, which introduces optimization algorithms in the exploration of the most suitable combinations of the values of the different variables of highly complex functions, to reach the optimal value of the target function in CFD projects. By applying this methodology, KeelWit has obtained important improvements in the selected target function within the design of wind tunnels, water slides, injectors, exhaust gas ducts, etc. In the webinar Isaac explained how the use of this methodology can be considered a quantum leap when designing components, as it allows to apply ongoing phases of optimization over hundreds of possible combinations of the values of the variables, when compared to the usual methodology of selection and testing of 3 or 4 different configurations, almost exclusively based in the know-how obtained from previous designs. The joint use of GOMPUTE’s cloud High Performance Computing and ANSYS simulation software has allowed KeelWit to introduce improvements % in the target function that have ranged from 18% to 77% in device design for different...