Research and energy development
We are experts in
- Energy Efficiency Audits over industries and processes
- Energy efficiency improvements in industrial processes
- Advanced algorithms of optimization applied for improved energy management (thermal, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, kinetic, and mechanical)
- Designing energy harvesting and waste energy recovery systems reducing operating costs
- Energy Efficiency Certificates of buildings
- Due Diligence of whole building state of preservation including structure, equipment and installation
- Complex Computer Fluid Dynamics’ simulations to reduce drag, back-flow, vortex-shedding, vibrations or pressure drop and to enhance heat exchange
- We design aerodynamic-testing wind tunnels and skydiving vertical wind tunnels with improved energy efficiency and velocity index
- Aerodynamic improvement of shapes through CFD and wind tunnel tests in our facilities.
- Designing and building of electric bicycles and tricycles as well as bespoke motor solutions for moving bodies
- Sales agents for Spain and Portugal of Servotest Systems (test and motion simulation through hydraulic actuators and seismic tables).
- Own R&D projects with several patents and registered models.
- E-learning through a partnership with Structuralia, and in-house residential training on energy efficiency, energy management, energy-harvesting, etc.
KEELWIT PERFORMS THE DESIGN AND COMMISSIONING OF AN AERODYNAMIC TESTING WIND TUNNEL FOR THE MOTOR & SPORT INSTITUTE
1 Apr 2018KeelWit has designed and is currently manufacturing a tailored wind tunnel for the new facilities of the Motor and Sport Institute. This wind tunnel for aerodynamic testing will allow to analyze the aerodynamic performance of scale vehicles and compare it with the results obtained by Computational Fluid Dynamics using the most advanced software. Wind tunnel sensors and measuring equipment will provide a practical knowledge about aerodynamics for the MSI’s students that is not achievable in other centers where there this type of equipment is not available. Furthermore, Teo Martín Motorsport team will use the wind tunnel up to 200 km/h to test the aerodynamics settings of its vehicles with which the team races successfully on different categories. Other motorsport teams would use the MSI facilities to fine-tune their cars, due to the small number of available wind tunnels for testing with these...
1 Apr 2018KeelWit Technology is the exclusive authorized distributor in Spain and Portugal of Servotest Systems, the leading company on the design and construction of electrohydraulic test benches by vibration on vehicles and equipment. With more than 50 years of experience in England, Servotest has manufactured test benches for some of the most prestigious Formula 1 teams and for other motorsport teams. Motor & Sport Institute has purchased a 7 poster test bench that allows to simulate any uneven ground over the 4 wheels of a vehicle as well as the aerodynamic downforce in both axles. This equipment will allow MSI to offer a practical experience for its students with a test bench affordable only for very few universities. Additionally, Teo Martin Motorsport team will use the test bench to fine-tune the suspension system of its vehicles, successful winners in different categories in Europe and abroad. KeelWit and Servotest engineers will work with MSI engineers to make the best use of this sophisticated and exclusive test bench for both...
1 Mar 2018KeelWit reaches its 7th anniversary whilst building a wind tunnel for aerodynamic testing and a 7 poster test rig for suspension testing, both to be used in the Motor & Sport Institute . Several new training sessions of the Formula One Managers course are also being delivered. Amidst a global scenario of scarce load of work for engineering companies in Spain, KeelWit has succeeded to adapt itself to a changing market through a diversified portfolio of competences and areas of expertise, always linked to the energy efficiency, computer fluid dynamics, optimization algorithms and eco-friendly mobility. Keeping its high level of investment in R&D projects, KeelWit faces this new year as an opportunity to enlarge its project...
8 Feb 2018The conversation took place within an event organized by Repsol Honda Team (comercial name of Honda Racing Corporation or HRC) at Madrid Fly. The world champions had firstly the oportunity of enjoying their maiden flight at Madrid Fly and later, with the help of a small horizontal wind tunnel assembled for the occasion, explained to the media gathered there the importance of aerodynamics in the performance of their motorbikes. After the event, managers of Repsol spoke with Isaac Prada to better know how KeelWit had worked in the aerodynamic design of the Madrid Fly wind...