Fundación Repsol launched in 2011 its first edition of the Fondo de Emprendedores award.
This Investment Fund is the result of the aim of Repsol to enhance energy-responsible projects and to:
- Promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the energy efficiency industry.
- Help create and enhance growth of new companies devoted to this field.
- Promote private investment in these companies and talent retention in their teams.
- Bring together R&D to market demand and vice versa.
- Intensify public-private partnership in R&D in Spain.
409 projects worldwide have been accepted in the contest. 4 out of them belonged to KeelWit Technology:
a) CarTemp: thermal regulation of heat flow in batteries and cabin of electric vehicles
b) EnergyBox: Design of energy storage systems from different sources (thermal, electric, kinetic, pneumatic, etc.)
c) SolarTrike: Integration on an electrically assisted tricycle of solar panels for “last mille delivery” in crowded cities.
d) SmartData: Tool to measure electricity, water, gas and fuel consumption to improve energy efficiency either at machine, production line or factory levels.
After 3 rounds of judge’s analysis, 3 out of 4 projects ended among the 39 projects selected.
Finally SmartData project ended among the 17 projects selected for the final session. The winners shall be granted an award and an up to two year mentoring program aimed to help develop the business model.
The winner´s award ceremony shall be held in the coming weeks.
For more information click here
Figure: Partners Isaac Prada & José María Cancer and Engineer Head Alberto Oliver in Repsol’s R&D Center.